TLD Membership Guidelines
Tired of hearing "that's not in the budget" when considering building repairs? Members of The Loading Dock have access to our warehouse, which is chock full of new and reusable building supplies. The materials we have in stock depend on donations, so we may not always have everything you are looking for, but chances are we have a lot of things you need.
A membership to The Loading Dock entitles you to obtain reusable building supplies, attend "Do-It-Yourself" workshops and receive notices about special events and sales. To maintain a membership in good standing, we ask you and your cardholders to abide by the rules and guidelines listed below. All cardholders under one membership may lose their benefits if one of the cardholders violates TLD rules.
Your Membership Must be Renewed Annually
(your membership expiration date is on your card)
- You may be asked to present picture ID along with your membership card to verify membership.
- Purchasing privileges will be suspended for anyone making purchases for someone other than those listed on the application.
- Report theft or loss of your card immediately. Your card can be replaced for a minimal fee.
- Materials cannot be obtained with the intent to resell.
- TLD reserves the right to terminate or refuse membership and/or materials to anyone due to gross misconduct or misrepresentation.
- Notify TLD of any changes in the information provided on your application.
All Transactions are Final
- Returns and exchanges are not possible.
- Appliances and electrical items may be returned for credit if returned within 7 days and with the receipt, unless marked "as-is".
- Materials are purchased "as–is", with no warrantees or guarantees, stated or implied. Materials may not be altered in anyway on TLD property.
Bring Help for Loading, Tools for Measuring and Measurements of What You Need
- Before leaving with materials, be sure of color, size, dimension, and quantity.
- TLD takes no responsibility in handling materials. If you are in need of assistance from staff or a forklift, you take full responsibility for damages, injuries or mishaps while loading.
- We accept Cash, MasterCard, Visa, or ATM Debit Card; NO CHECKS.
- No materials may be taken out of the warehouse without a visible receipt. Shoplifters will be prosecuted.
- Shirts and shoes required while on TLD property.
- Pets are not allowed in the warehouse.
- Children are discouraged from entering the warehouse.
If you do bring children, you take full responsibility for their safety and protection of our products. You must supervise them at all times.
- Only staff are allowed to use TLD equipment. Carts are available for client use.
- In accordance with Maryland State Law, there is no smoking in the warehouse. Drugs, weapons, alcohol, and illegal substances are also prohibited in the warehouse at all times.
These rules and guidelines can also be found on the membership application.
You can download a copy of our membership application here in PDF format (Adobe Acrobat Reader required), or come to our warehouse and complete one on site.